Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

I love taking my kids to a harvest their own pumpkin during the fall at a farm. My favorites have orchards and bakeries. I love apple cider donuts. At the end of a friendly visit to most Pumpkin Patches you can spend $50 and come away with 5 pumpkins and a few guords. There has to be an easier way to do this and a cheaper way.

Today while I was at the local grocery store I was reading their prices for pumpkins. The sizes are what I would buy at the farms, yet the prices are so much less. If you don't need to spend the day at a pumpkin patch I would recommend checking out your local grocery store. They really are not that bad. Then maybe if you still want to visit the farm, go and enjoy but skip the overpriced pumpkins. Someone else is going to buy them, don't worry.

This article isn't really about crafting, but that is for my next article. On-line resources for pumpkin carving kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...