Monday, April 11, 2011

My First Boutique Bow


I am starting on a new craft...Bowmaking! So far this has been a lot of fun. I never thought I could actually make bows myself. I had bought some from stores and another crafter and decided to stop spending the money on them and make them myself. They were not as easy as I had hoped they would be.


I thought I could make these bows easily. I thought it was be so quick to pick out the ribbon and make gorgeous bows for my daughter. I was wrong on all levels.


I sat in front of the ribbon at Hobby Lobby for several minutes and couldn't decide. It just seemed like nothing was the perfect pattern or size. Then I would have to find a center ribbon. I ended up leaving with one or two rolls each time, but then it just sat at my house. I bought a few more at Wal-Mart and some more at Dollar Tree. Those were my practice rolls.


Making them was another thing. I tried twisted bows and even though I can make them I am not very impressed with them. I love making pinwheel bows and think they are the perfect size and not too heavy. But todays post is about Perky Loops. These are not easy but I love how they look. Above is a picture of my first one that I turned into a boutique bow by adding spikes.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...